Monday, February 18, 2008

Cops and Thugs

I was watching one of the stereotypical “Cops” shows the other day and noticed that it was a great way to examine body language. Particular body language that seems to be prominent is aggressive, defiant and authoritative language. I posted this clip (be warned strong language and content) because it is loaded with key information delivered non-verbally. The verbal language is prominent, yes, but if I was the officer I would focus my mind more on what sorts of gestures the suspect was imparting and adjust my tactics accordingly. In order, here is what I noticed followed with its hidden meaning: 1) Immediately going into an arm cross but catches himself and backs off – blocking off outside views 2) A jabbing motion with his arms and fingers – figurative spearing. 3) His right hand is in his pocket - hiding something or defensive, uncomfortable or protective 4) Arms crossed – closed and defensive 5) Fight – self explanatory. You can stop after the tussle because the rest is ruthless. I wonder if the cop was better able to read body language, if he could have avoided the fight altogether.

Embed


Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUrqLQfPME

For more information on dating and attraction, especially body language, check out my E-book - The Body Language Project: Dating, Attraction and Sexual Body Language found at www.BodyLanguageProject.com

No comments: